Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mexico´s Pipeline



I have found my first place that is calling me to stay put for a while. I am here in Puerto Escondido and it is amazing. We are staying at a hostel called Tower Bridge where the environment is amazing and the people are great. The owner is a crazy Englishman named Steve. He runs around the house screaming at everyone. He doesn´t know one of our 20 names. We offered to pay him double rent if he could name one (most of us have been here for a week), he couldn´t. We have a great swimming pool and just spend most of the days here in this compound. It is all open space with lots of trees and little groupings of couches. So even though we all have huge bungalows we all hangout outside. It is about 100 degrees here which is keeping us put because the weather down south has begun to turn to the rainy season. Plus we are happy with just spending our days in little thought and hanging out in the pool all day and talking with our new friends. There are no other Americans here but lots of British, Australians, and Austrians. Everyone is really funny and witty and I find myself laughing all day about the outrageous things everyone says. It is a good thing I have 6 brothers too as not many girls are traveling so we tend to be stuck with heaps of guys being guys all the time. All good fun. We all cook dinner together everyday (those Aussies can really cook some good Barbie) and pretty much do everything together as a group of ten. I also taught them sloppy dice and they can´t get enough of it worst thing I could have done as a mellow night turns into sloppy dice. They also learned beer pong so we have been playing a lot of that in afternoons while BBQing Anyways I think we will be here for another week or so and then who knows where next.

For some reason the computer will not let me upload my photos so sorry no photos of my own, but the picture is mearly the postcard image I wish I could take. Soon though I will upload some off all my new friends. Post me comments and emailing. It makes getting on the computer everyday so much better.

5 comments:

Devin said...

AUSTRALIANS ARE THE GREATEST PEOPLE ON EARTH -- NO ONE CAN EVEN REMOTELY TOUCH THEIR GREATNESS

Unknown said...

Bethie it sounds like you are having so much fun! Glad to hear you met some awesome people to hang out with. I miss you a ton and wish I was there with you! I played some beer pong myself the other day and had a lot of fun, though the next day was disasterous. Anyhow love you and miss you and can't wait to hear what you do next!
Love, Emmy

Katie K. said...

Bethy!! It sounds like you guys are having a blast...I am so jealous!! I am glad you are meeting tons of cool peeps to kick it with. I am sure it made all of the stress and planning well worth it! Aussie boys, eh? You lucky little dogs you!! Well tell Lacy I said hi and you guys keep safe and keep writing. It's good to hear what you guys are up to! Have fun!! Luv, KT

Jess said...

Kristin and i want to hang out with you on remote beaches..but Monday we will go back to our monotonous being we call our lives. :) I'm so proud of you and can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
xoxo. jess

Devin said...

NEW POST! WITH A SEXY PARTY STORY INCLUDED PREFERABLY